EVALUATING THE UNITED STATES
How well do we live up to the 8 signposts or democratic ideals?
- Review & Reinforce the 8 signposts of democracy
- Evaluate the U.S. as it relates to ALL signposts
- Practice using specific evidence and support through spoken and written word
- Are some signposts more important and crucial than others in establishing a democracy? Why or why not? If so, which are most important and which are least important?
- Previous nights homework
- Evaluating the U.S. on ALL signposts group handout
- PowerPoint (Combines THIS and the NEXT lesson... doesn't have much "new" info, FYI)
- Work in small groups to share out previous night's homework, with a focus on the current events/news stories found
- With group, move through all signposts and TRY to come to a consensus about how you would "rank" the U.S.
- Provide two specific examples/supports/justifications for your ranking
- When we're done, we'll try to create an overall class portrait of how we view the U.S. in light of the signposts