EXPLORING SIGNPOSTS THROUGH POLITICAL CARTOONS, PHOTOS, and SKITS
A final review of the 8 major signposts of democracy
- Identify and describe key signposts of democracy
- Practice primary and secondary source analysis skills by examining political cartoons and photos
- Strengthen spoken communication skills through the creation and performance of skits related to the signposts
- What's the VERY BEST thing about living in a democratic country? The worst?
- Are democracies the best political system, or is there a better alternative?
- Lesson summary
- Political Cartoon & Photo Analysis Guide (note-catcher)
- Political Cartoon & Photo Analysis Guide (modified)
- "Finding signposts in political cartoons and photos" handout (one per person)
- "Finding signposts in political cartoons and photos" handout (modified)
- Skit-creation handout (one per group)